Questions to think about before you leave for South Africa:
– Why do you think so many people have been affected by HIV/AIDS in Africa?
I remember seeing a documentary several years ago, apparently not many cared because this devastating disease started in Africa.
– How do you think you will react when you interact with someone with HIV/AIDS?
I think I will react with caring and compassion, tears and sorrow…
– How do you think you will react when you are introduced to the level of poverty there?
Saddness and hope.
– Why are you going? What do you wish to accomplish?
I am going because I care and want to be of service, to show respect and offer compassion.
– How do you expect to change while you are there?
I expect to deepen my own compassion and more…