Volunteer in Haiti – September 2011
Friends – Much thanks for your interest & caring for Haiti! We have exceeded our maximum capacity for volunteers this year. Depsite the trials & setback we face with a crazy economy, it’s amazing to see how many think outside themselves. Thank you again for your love!
However, if you would like to participate in the preparation, collecting of supplies & assistance for this trip, from the ground back here at home, please email us at: email@example.com.
Wish to volunteer your time serving in Haiti this year?
A lot of humanitarian good works have emerged from the aftermath of the earthquake in Haiti. There are good people, doing good things on the ground. Yet, there is so much more to do! If you have your heart set on connecting with the Haitian people, connecting with the beauty & deeply rich traditions of this land, & serving in the relief camps – then this is for YOU.
While there, opportunities of service include:
(1) Painting & beautifying 3 orphanages
(2) Distributing supplies in the refugee camps
(3) Serving/working with the orphaned kids
(4) Serving with partner organization, World Cares
(5) and more!
There is much left to do. If you have skills that you believe could be beneficial in helping to rebuild, i.e.: having previously served in Haiti or another country, speak Creole or French, certified/trained in first aid & CPR, or other emergency response training, please contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proposed preliminary travel itinerary (this will be updated/revised accordingly):
* Travel Dates: 8-10 days, September 9 through September 17, 2011
* Approx. airfare, from Los Angeles: $550/per person
* Approx cost of accommodations/3 square meals, transport & translator, per day: $100
To RSVP or for more: email@example.com